Questions When Meeting People
- How would you like the world to look like in 200 years?
- What makes you happy?
- What were the inflection points in your childhood?
- What have you been thinking about?
That said, I think people worry too much about initial questions. The important questions are the follow up questions.
Another approach to getting to know someone is to think about a problem with them.
Update (Feb 25, 2022): I removed two questions, which I now only ask good friends:
- What is your happiness percentile relative to the past 5 years?1
- When was the last time you were sad?
I prefer this to "How are you?" ↩